Thursday, August 08, 2013

The Investigation

Here's the deal.  I really want to weigh in on this whole Johnny Manziel thing.  But I'm waiting.  The
"thing" I'm reffering to is the current NCAA investigation into one Mr. Football for allegedly taking money from an autograph broker to sign mememorabilia.

This picture, taken the same weekend as the BCS National
Championship Game where the alleged violation happened,
can not be used as evidence.  

I have much to say about this whole topic of Johnny Football and the investigation.  But not now.   For now what I will say is that the burden of proof is with the NCAA to prove that money actually changed hands, or that Manziel knowingly did something in violation of an NCAA rule.

The most damning evidence would be an "alleged" video the broker in question recorded that was shown to (and reported on by) ESPN in which Manziel makes statements that imply he was doing something he knew he shouldn't be.

ESPN declined to buy the video from the broker, when he asked for payment.  Because the broker does not intend to cooperate with the NCAA, there is only ESPN hearsay that the video actually exists.

So, here's my question.  Why hasn't some A&M or SEC hating Richie Rich just purchased the video and send it to the NCAA?  I actually find it incredible that this hasn't happened yet.

I'm interested to see how this all turns out.  In the meantime, a new home has gone on the market in College Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment