Monday, September 10, 2012

The Second Week


A Whole Big Nation of Week Two

Most Enjoyable
I found most of the weekend to be enjoyable.  I’m gonna say…watching Oklahoma State lose to Arizona was pretty satisfying.  I like Big 12 Teams to be undefeated when we beat them, but there was something very enjoyable about seeing the Cowboys lose after that disgusting stunt they pulled with Savannah State the week before.

Least Enjoyable
Having to listen to the creepy, Aggie logic that the two players suspended for the 1st game, which was a hurricane re-schedule for October 13th with Louisiana Lafayette, are still suspended for the Louisiana Lafayette game.   Ta-a-cky.   Don't get me started on their new "national championships"...
 
Point of Interest
Speaking of Savannah State….they beat the spread when the game against Florida State, who was favored by 70, was called in the third quarter due to weather.  The score was 55-0, and I think God just had had enough….You go, God!
Putting On Big Boy Pants
If OSU hadn’t been so craptastically craptastic in their season opener, the A&M loss to Florida would have been my favorite moment of the week.  In their season…and, note, SEC opener, they blew a double digit half-time lead and lost, at home. So many things are right about that sentence.  Mostly I’m just hoping this makes them take down those ridiculous “THIS IS SEC COUNTRY” billboards they’ve put all over Dallas and Austin.  Tee hee.
 
 
40 Acres of Week Two
Who’s a Big Boy?
Our Defense.  I know they weren’t perfect, but they looked much better.  And as crappy as it sounds to say it, I like shutting out teams.  Even if they are New Mexico.
Run, Gray, Run!
The crowd was waiting and waiting and waiting patiently to see Jonathan Gray get out there and make some magic.   While I wasn’t blown away, I did feel some excitement about our running game in general…both the starters and the starters of the future.
Happy the Man that Completes Passes
Ash, God Bless Him, he’s doing so much better and looking so much more confident.  I hope we (and by we, I mean Mack Brown and the collective offensive coaching staff) are learning some lessons about empowering quarterbacks.
I’d Trade Magic Beans For…
Faster snaps.  Snap it snap it snap it snap it. SNAAAAAP IIIIIIIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment